Mosaics Summer Hiking
<Mosaics Summer Hiking: Clementine Trail to Clark’s Pool>
Clementine Trail to Clark’s Pool is #1 of 18 trails in Auburn Recreation Area. It takes about 53 minutes (50.8 miles) from Davis, CA. We will gather at Davis Community Church’s Staff Parking Lot (from D Street entrance) for registration and carpooling. There will be no language classes on June 17th (Sat) and June 18th (Sun).
• Gathering Time: 8:30 am on June 17, 2017 (We will depart together at 9 am sharp after the registration)
• Gathering Place: DCC Staff Parking Lot, 421 D Street, Davis, CA 95616
• Things To Bring: Your own lunch and a bottle of water / You may also bring a swimsuit along to enjoy one of the swimming holes along the route. Clark’s Hole, just east of the Foresthill Bridge has been a local favorite for years.
• We will provide 1 or 2 bottles of water, and Korean sushi roll for basic lunch for everyone.
• Direction: From Auburn, take Highway 49 South. At the Confluence, keep going straight – do NOT turn right. After you cross the curved bridge, park off to the right of the road. The trail head is right at the end of the bridge. State park parking all around. $10 parking fee for day use. The trail begins at Gate 139. (Map: https://
Clementine Trail to Clark’s Pool is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Auburn, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.
Lake Clementine Trail leads to the spot where the North Fork Dam meets the rocks for an outstanding view of cascading water. Trail passes under the tallest bridge in California, Foresthill Bridge. The waterfall is absolutely amazing. There are rarely any people at the base of the fall but there is an abundance of poison oak so you need to be careful. Another good feature about this hike is about a quarter of a mile into the hike you pass by Clark’s Pool – a fairly popular swimming hole. Despite being in the middle of the river, it is actually quite warm and very refreshing – especially since the first half of the hike is totally unshaded and gets rather hot.
For more information: https://www.alltrails.com/
Please RSVP at: https://www.facebook.com/events/473578729652856/ or contact Dr. Stephen Moon at 916-217-5470.
Thank you!! #mosaics