Mosaics Spring Hiking at Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve
<Mosaics Spring Hiking at Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve on Saturday, March 11>
• Gathering Place: All hikers will meet at Davis Community Church Staff Parking Lot (Next to DCC Fellowship Hall @ 421 D Street) by 9 am, for carpooling.
• Transportation: We need drivers to drive roughly 40 min. (22.4 miles) to the hike site parking lot. (Please check poll)
• Things to bring: Water and Lunch
• Hiking Leader: David Matson, 707-271-9180
• Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve is accessed only by pedestrian trails that begin from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Putah Creek Wildlife Area (PCWA). The PCWA is 15-minute drive west of Winters, CA, or a 2-hour drive northeast of San Francisco.
• From Davis, take Covell Blvd./County Hwy E6 to Winters. Proceed straight through Winters, following Hwy 128 towards Lake Berryessa. Approximately 8.5 miles west of Winters, Hwy 128 crosses Putah Creek.
• The designated parking area is on the right-hand side of the road, just across the bridge across Putah Creek. UC Davis specifically advises against parking along the roadway, as there is no designated pedestrian crossing and no dedicated traffic controls along this stretch of Highway 128.
• Do not leave valuables in cars.
• GPS: 38°30’33.2″N 122°05’50.1″W
• Map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/38%C2%B030’33.2%22N+122%C2%B005’50.1%22Wemail@example.com,-122.03685,10z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d38.509221!4d-122.097244?hl=en (22095 CA-128, Winters, CA 95694)
About Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve:
Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve is primarily dedicated to teaching and research; however, its trails are open to hikers year-round from sunrise to sunset. Stebbins Reserve trails are accessed from trails originating on the Putah Creek Wildlife Area (PCWA). UC Davis strongly discourages hiking in very hot weather and in periods of high risk of fire or flood.
To sign up, please go to Mosaics Spring Hiking Event Site at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1406737319336386/